FutureU™ Public Training Programs
Tools Focused Training Programs
Virtual communication and online teaching are true crafts. Every great craftsperson needs a good toolkit. After many years of researching the best of the best communications and learning technologies we have identified the best of the best tools for getting these jobs done and doing them right.
We offer training in several of the most important tool categories including:
- Audacity (Audio editing)
- Camtasia (Video editing)
- Customized training on your in-house course authoring software
- Blackboard Learn
- Haiku LMS
- Customized training on your in-house learning management software
Course Communications (and Content Delivery)
- Adobe Connect
- Zoho Meeting
- Customized training on your in-house web conferencing software
Special Booster Trainings
FastTrack Coaching™ is especially for:
- Managers and administrators
- Deans and department heads
- Top and C-level executives
- Other key stakeholders
FastTrack Coaching was specifically developed to address the need of 1-to-1 guidance for leaders and other key stakeholders of any organization. It provides the special attention they need when it is simply impossible for them to attend a group training program.
It is focused on the topics of building an online course and learning to teach online. It can also be used for learning basic skills that may have been neglected because of other responsibilities; for example, using application software (such as word processing or spreadsheets) or learning best practices for email and other virtual communications (such as web conferencing or social media).
Online Teaching Quickstart™
The Online Teaching QuickStart™ is . . .
- . . . a short, focused, and intense training program . . .
- . . . to bring a small group of faculty or training staff up to speed . . .
- . . . in creating online courses and learning the basic skills . . .
- . . . necessary to make the transition from instructing in the classroom to instructing online. . .
This program to primarily used to launch a new online learning initiative. Usually, early adopter faculty are invited to participate to give particular programs or departments a leap forward in joining the online distance learning world.
Learn More . . .
To learn more about any of our training programs for any of the applications mentioned above or for any other application that you are hoping to introduce to your instructors and course builders, contact us directly.
Meet Our Software Guru and Master Trainer
Years before the Internet became a household word, FutureU™ co-founder Claude Whitmyer was already writing a software column for workplace publications. Claude knows software!
Today he heads up FutureU’s technology tool evaluation team, applying his years of experience to the ongoing search for best of breed in software (and hardware) for virtual communication and learning.